Varicose veins are considered one of the most common diseases, it manifests itself in the form of prominent veins and spider veins on the lower legs. Pathology can cause thrombophlebitis, when blood clots form in the ducts. They clog blood vessels and provoke circulatory disorders, strokes. It is necessary to treat varicose veins in the early stages of its development.
The Purpose of Traditional Therapy
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies is done to improve blood circulation in the blood vessels and dilute the blood. For this, baths, compresses, ointments and tinctures can be used. They are made based on herbal ingredients.
But when using traditional medicine recipes, it should be remembered that it is only effective in the early stages of pathological development. If an asterisk and vascular network are formed, it is necessary to consult a specialist. In addition, the product can cause allergies. That is why, before using compresses, ointments and baths, you need to make sure that there are no negative reactions.
Varicose veins mainly affect the lower part of the leg and develop as a result of the stagnant process. Traditional medical methods will help overcome the disease and stop all the symptoms that accompany it.
Before starting treatment for varicose veins, you should balance your diet. A special diet must be followed for one week, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight. The goal of food nutrition is to eliminate fatty foods and increase immunity by increasing the amount of vitamins and minerals.
First of all, you should avoid baking, butter, alcoholic beverages, meat and fish dishes, hot spices.
Fruits such as apples, bananas, citrus should be present in the diet. Fresh vegetables are also healthy.
For the first two days, the menu consisted only of vegetarian dishes. After two days, you can eat rice or buckwheat porridge, salad with vegetable oil, nettle soup.
Vegetable juices, such as carrots, pumpkin, are very useful for varicose veins.
Diet is followed every month for a week. This will help cleanse the body of cholesterol and strengthen the immune system.
General therapy procedures
Traditional medicine contains many suggestions on how to treat varicose veins properly at home. In the early stages of pathological development, it is recommended to use general therapeutic methods. They help normalize blood circulation, prevent side effects and have a positive effect on the whole body as a whole.
An effective healing bath for varicose veins. But this method should not be used for trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis.
Bathing solutions are available in advance. The best remedies are oak, willow and chestnut twigs. Pour all components in the amount of 0, 5 kg with a bucket of water, add chamomile, St. John's wort. John's wort and a series of four packs, bought at the pharmacy. Boil everything for 20 minutes and leave overnight. In the morning, prepare a decoction of three loaves of rye bread. Strain everything and add to the bathtub.
You can also use baking soda. To prepare the bath solution, you should take one pack. If you just need to steam the feet, add 7 tablespoons of baking soda to every 5 liters of water.
Willow or cedar bark has a positive effect on blood circulation. To take a shower, you need two handfuls of tree twigs. They are poured with three liters of water and boiled for 30 minutes.
For foot baths, dry sushi ingredients are also used in the amount of 100 grams. Willow bark can be added to increase efficiency.
After the procedure, experts recommend making a light massage on the foot and placing it on a small hill, wearing pre-compression stockings.
Solutions for internal use
Traditional medicine also knows many recipes for oral administration. All decoctions are cooked well in a tightly closed container or thermos. Despite high temperatures, herbal preparations retain their nutrients. They must be filtered before use. The most popular and effective for varicose veins on the lower leg are:
- Apple. Four small apples are brewed with one liter of hot boiled water. The container is wrapped and left for 4 hours. Then the apples are kneaded until gruel, honey is added. This medicine is taken on an empty stomach before bed.
- Nettle. It is used not only for cosmetic purposes, but also as the best remedy for varicose veins. To prepare the color, you need to take three tablespoons of dried and crushed plants and pour a liter of boiling water. Insist for an hour. Drink a third of a glass an hour after a meal.
- Soda solution. It is diluted in the amount of 1 teaspoon per glass. Take twice a day.
- Garlic with honey. To prepare the solution, you need to grind 250 grams of garlic and mix it with 350 grams of honey. Insist at least 10 days. Take a spoonful of balm 30 minutes before eating. Before using, you need to make sure that there is no allergy to honey.
All traditional medicine recipes are only effective in the early stages of disease development and have certain contraindications. Consultation with a doctor is required before use. If a painful sensation has arisen, and the pathology has turned into thrombophlebitis, consultation with a physician and the use of medication is mandatory.
Alcohol based tincture
There are many different colors, the main ingredient is alcohol. This composition also contains natural ingredients that help restore blood circulation. The most effective settings are:
- Kalanchoe.This plant is widely used in traditional medicine and has many beneficial nutrients. Alcoholic solutions are used to rub the affected area. But it is important to cook it properly. To do this, you first need to store freshly cut leaves for a week in a cool, dark place. Then turn them in a meat grinder and pour in the vodka, which doubles the amount of crushed plants. This tool is put back in for 7 days and filtered.
- Collect meadow flowers.This is available at the pharmacy. For efficiency, you can add oak bark and ponytails. The accumulation of ingredients is poured with a liter of alcohol and insist for a week. This tool is used to treat boils and relieve inflammation. Apply daily to the affected area twice a day.
- White acacia flowers.The texture is prepared for a week and used to wipe the skin. Pour a mixture of acacia flowers and birch or pine buds with vodka or alcohol in a ratio of 2: 3.
If varicose veins, tingtur based on Adam's apple also helps relieve symptoms and restore blood circulation. The fruit is poisonous, and it is strictly forbidden to use it in it. This tool is used to rub the affected area and is completed in a month.
Amanita tingtur is used in the village. But this method of treatment is rare today, because mushrooms only appear in late summer and are used fresh. Also, not everyone believes in such drugs.
Ointment for varicose veins
Creams and ointments based on herbal ingredients with varicose veins stay longer on the skin surface. Therefore, the active ingredient acts on the affected vessel for a long time. Flax broth, oil, fat are used for its preparation.
Also contains a decoction of various ingredients:
- burdock root;
Ginger and onion skins are also used in the preparation of broth for ointments. All components must be made in equal parts and mixed with a base. Ointments can be stored for a long time, which means they do not require daily preparation. Put in the refrigerator after use.
Badger fat is very popular for varicose veins. It helps not only to restore blood circulation, but also to strengthen the vascular wall, increase immunity. Many northern people use bear fat to cure the disease. It also has many beneficial nutrients.
Shilajit ointment is also popular and can be purchased at pharmacies.
Compresses for varicose veins
Various components are used for compresses, such as fir, potatoes, sandalwood oil. The most popular are burdock leaves and cabbage. They contain many useful vitamins and minerals that have a positive effect on the veins and the body as a whole. Traditional medicine knows many recipes, including:
- Burdock and radish. First heat the leaves of one of the plants by placing them in a kettle or pot. Place a small bandage on the affected skin area, then a blanket and apply a bandage. The duration of treatment is five procedures, performed daily before bedtime. The bandage is removed in the morning. This medication helps to relieve pain and improve the overall condition.
- Ointment and burdock. This plant is only used fresh. Compression is done after applying the ointment to the affected area. Then burdock leaves are rubbed and compression stockings are worn. Clothes are changed every three days, and the duration of therapy is three months.
- Cosmetic Clay. It is diluted in water at room temperature until a thick homogeneous mass. Apply the product to the affected area, apply with a bandage in two layers. Then apply the clay again, securing with a bandage. Therefore, the layer must be at least 1. 5 centimeters. To prevent moisture from being absorbed, wrap a bandage in a canvas and wrap in a woolen scarf. Feet should be kept on a small hill. The procedure lasts for 3 hours, after which the bandage is removed.
- Potatoes. Compresses are also made based on potatoes or the top. Grate the vegetables on a fine grater and moisten the bandage on the resulting juice. The procedure is best done at night.
Aloe vera compress is useful for varicose veins. Only freshly cut leaves are used. Tomato wrap is also effective. They are used for several hours. Tomatoes have unique properties to improve blood circulation in a short time, and with varicose veins it is used not only for oral administration. Onions are not popular because of their special smell, but are also very effective.
Many experts recommend saline bandages for varicose veins. They help relieve pain, inflammation and improve blood circulation. Although a large amount of salt is recommended for a large diet, in the case of varicose vein formation, a salt bandage is a positive effect.
Bees are also used to treat varicose veins. Their sting contains a substance called hirudin. It helps prevent blood clots from forming. Bee stings should be brought directly to the knot.
Propolis is very popular. It is used for fresh infusion and for the preparation of ointments, compresses.
With varicose veins, you can also make iodine mesh. It is rubbed with a cotton bud overnight.
Consequences of Home Therapy
The use of traditional medicine can have negative effects. While using essential oils, honey, propolis, allergic reactions are observed.
People with gastrointestinal tract diseases and disorders must be used with caution when taking internal medicine.
To protect yourself from the development of varicose veins in the lower part of the leg, you should follow some precautions:
- Contrast bath. It helps keep the blood vessels in good condition. Bathing also has a positive effect on blood circulation.
- Go swimming. A visit to the pool helps fight blood stasis in the ducts.
- Walk as much as possible to prevent varicose veins.
- During pregnancy, monitor your health carefully, because during this period a woman is most susceptible to the disease.
- Eat right. The diet should contain as much fatty and spicy foods as possible.
Adherence to preventive measures will reduce the likelihood of varicose veins. When pathological symptoms appear, traditional medicine recipes can be used. But keep in mind that its use can be harmful to health. That is why you should see a doctor.