The legs are most affected by varicose veins. The farthest part of the body from the heart needs rest, support for tired and weak blood vessels. And we “exploit” our feet until we see a superficial network growing, swelling, painful bruises, and we don’t lose sleep due to pain.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies does not work as an alternative medicine. Because the main medicines are based on herbal raw materials. To cure a disease, it is useful to use the accumulated traditional medical experience.
All methods used should eliminate or prevent the cause of varicose veins:
- increases the density and elasticity of vascular venous walls;
- repair slack valves;
- increases blood flow to the arteries due to blood flow, reduces its clotting;
- to prevent the formation of blood clots and thrombophlebitis;
- has anti-inflammatory effect;
- diuretic properties are useful for relieving local edema.
For home use, choose a drug that:
- is easy to set up and use yourself;
- has no toxic effects;
- store well in the refrigerator;
- can be planted on the window sill or in the country, purchased on the market;
- is a bit cheap.
Methods of treatment
All traditional methods of treating varicose veins are divided into general and local.
Common foods include diet, bathing, and taking infusions and stews. Many herbal remedies are used simultaneously both internally and topically.
Local applications are based on the use of lotions, compresses, applied in the most painful places. It is necessary to learn how to prepare the ointment.
The duration of the course of treatment is recommended by the doctor from a month or more. Disruption of not more than a week is possible, replacement of one product with another
Diet for varicose veins
Experienced healers do not recommend starting therapy for varicose veins in the legs without a fasting diet. It must be observed for 5-7 days, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight.
The essence of the diet: the exclusion of white bread, pastries, sweets, pastries, hot spices, alcohol, coffee, meat and fish dishes. Fluid is not limited. Just need to eat vegetarian food: as much fresh fruit and juice as possible. Cranberries, blueberries, sea buckthorn and figs are considered very valuable. Two days later, add porridge from rice, buckwheat, fresh vegetables in a salad with vegetable oil, soup from young nettle.
This diet is recommended every month for 2-3 days. People with varicose veins in the legs are advised to completely abandon foods that contain starch (breads and pastries made from high-quality flour, boiled potatoes). You can boil the potatoes uniformly, adding bran to the food.
General medical procedures
They have an effect on the whole body, normalizing blood circulation.
Varicose veins can be treated with a bath. They are contraindicated in cases of thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers.
The contents of the bath are prepared in advance: boil for half an hour evenly with half a kilo of oak, willow and chestnut twigs (it is best to do this in an enamel bucket). Then fill the solution with the ingredients in 4 packs of pharmacy (chamomile, string, St. John's wort) and steam overnight. Separately in the morning, rye bread is boiled (3 loaves), filtered and poured into the bathtub.
The procedure should be done before bed for about 40 minutes, the water temperature must be observed at 38-40 degrees
For bathing with soda, dissolve a full packet of water in the bathtub or 6-7 tablespoons per 5 liters for feet only.
You can just cook the willow bark (two handfuls of broken twigs in a three-liter pot), boil for half an hour.
For a foot bath, two or three tablespoons of dried raw material from crushed bark is enough, and cudweed ingredients are also shown (2 packs of 50 g).
Recommended combination of ingredients: hazelnut leaves, birch, chamomile flowers, clover, hops, pine buds.
After bathing, you should do a light massage from the bottom up, wear elastic stockings and put your feet up slightly.
Suggestions for internal use
Folk oral recipes are very creative. They offer a single drug or combination, decoctions, water infusions, alcohol tincture. The broth is most easily prepared in a large thermos, while retaining all the properties of a water bath. Strain before use.
- Infusion of Antonov apples- two or three small apples are poured with one liter of boiling water and wrapped for four hours. Then knead them and drink half a glass of broth with honey on an empty stomach and overnight.
- Nettleis a well-known remedy for varicose veins. 2-3 tablespoons of dried leaves are placed in a half-liter thermos with boiling water. Because of the insistence, 40 minutes is enough. You need to drink 1/3 cup an hour after eating.
- Color of alcohol celandine- sold in pharmacies, it is recommended to drink it in 9-10 drops with one tablespoon of milk, before meals, three times a day.
- Soda solution- prepared before use (one teaspoon in a glass of warm water), it is recommended to drink in the morning and evening.
- Garlic with honey treatment- cut 250 g of garlic, mix with 350 g of honey, leave for at least ten days. Recommended for one tablespoon half an hour before meals.
- Boil a mixture of oak bark, willow branches, chestnutboil for half an hour, then add chamomile, St. John's wort, and leave for 12 hours. Drink with honey the first 50 ml, after two days 150 ml.
The reception of herbal medicines is recommended to be combined with bath, local treatment. The course of therapy is two months.
Local means the effect is only on the pathological area of the vein in the leg.
Using juice for lotion
Local procedure in the form of compresses, lotions require initial preparation of the required solution, ointments.
- Apple cider vinegar- is considered a tool to improve vascular tone. They are rubbed with a painful area with varicose veins twice a day. For internal use, add two teaspoons to 250 ml of water.
- Potato juice- used to treat boils. Grated gruel is applied to the ulcer and wrapped, after five hours the bandage is changed.
- Compressing cabbage leaves- helps relieve pain and inflammation of the skin. Sheets are tied overnight.
- Hop cones- Mix one tablespoon into a glass of boiling water. Lotion from the medicine provided is used or allowed to drink a glass before meals.
- Wormwood- leaves and flowers are used, they are ground into mushrooms, diluted with kefir and applied to places with dilated veins.
- Tomatocan only be used enough to cook. Varicose nodes are covered with lobules, covered with a bandage. After 3-4 hours, the compress is changed to a new one.
Kalanchoe - used as an alcoholic color for rubbing. It is necessary to prepare the solution properly: after cutting, the leaves are stored in the cold for 5-7 days, then scroll in a meat grinder, pour vodka (you can navigate by volume, Kalanchoe in the dish should be 2 times less), insist in the darkfor another week. After straining, the agent can be used in the treatment of varicose veins dilatation. It is suitable for long term storage.
Alcohol tincture (2/3 of plant raw material) is prepared from acacia flowers and birch buds for a week to lubricate the skin over diseased veins.
From oriental medicine, the nature of Adam's apple is known to have a positive effect on vascular tone.
Green walnuts - crush into small pieces and cover with olive oil. You must sunbathe for at least forty days. Then you can lubricate the affected area.
Chamomile medicine collection, St. John’s wort, yarrow, calendula, oak bark and ponytail are recommended for use to cleanse trophic ulcers, relieving inflammation.
Horse chestnut is used externally and internally. The leaves and flowers of the plant are used. For compresses, mix with water like tea. And for internal use, an alcohol tincture is prepared. Store in a dark place for at least two weeks. Drink 30 drops before meals.
Adam's apple is a fruit from the maklura tree that rarely grows in the south. It is not used internally because its juice is poisonous. Alcohol color is prepared from crushed fruit for blender. It is best to keep it in the dark for a month.
How to make ointment at home
As an ointment, herbal remedies stay on the lesion site longer and penetrate much better. For ointments, vegetable oils, flaxseed decoction, lard, chicken fat are used. Decoction of concentrated herbs is added to the melted base and heated. Protomit over low heat by stirring for five minutes.
Herbs are used with ointments, do not need to be prepared daily: eucalyptus leaves, dandelion root, celandine herb, lemon balm, purple flowers, clover, chamomile, calendula, pine needles. All are arranged in equal amounts before mixing with the ointment base.
This ointment should be stored in the refrigerator. Apply on skin with oily layer, rub gently. Cover with compress paper and a warm bandage. It is better to use an ointment compress at night.
Bees stings contain hirudin, which thins the blood and prevents blood clots. Treatment by bees involves a mandatory bite to the external venous node. Initially, the patient experiences pain and burning, this phenomenon immediately disappears on its own, and thus a prominent venous node is removed.
Folk remedies for varicose veins are far from harmless. This is a concentrated extract from the plant with strong side effects when taken orally. This is especially true for people with stomach and pancreatic diseases. Herbs affect the acidity of gastric juice. Therefore, its use can exacerbate chronic diseases of the digestive system.
Need to monitor the manifestations of allergies (itching on the skin, rashes, swelling). Discontinue use further if such symptoms occur.
Using folk methods requires trust in cures and patience. Few people pay attention to the suggestion to walk in the early morning with thin cotton socks in the dew and do not let go until the feet are dry. This enchanting recipe provides the safest gift of nature.